Convaid business development team on Booth 404
Torrance, CA (June 8, 2015) — Convaid, Inc., a Torrance-based manufacturer of custom-made, compact lightweight adaptive-assisted wheelchairs today announced that its business development team will be in attendance at Abilities Expo Chicago, to be held from June 12-14, 2015 at the Renaissance Schaumberg Convention Center in Chicago at Booth 404.
For more than 30 years, Abilities Expo has been the go-to source for people with disabilities, their families, seniors, veterans and healthcare professionals. In addition to Chicago, Abilities Expo is held in several cities throughout the United States, bringing new technologies, new possibilities, solutions and opportunities to members of the special needs community.
In preparation for Abilities Expo Chicago, Convaid has produced and deployed 35 micro videos depicting various aspects of its latest offering, the Trekker, crafted for big and small screens, availing prospective prescribers, consumers and others to detailed product information. To view Convaid Trekker videos, click here.
The Convaid Trekker is a lightweight, compact folding pediatric stroller that accommodates functional or rest positions and increased sitting tolerance for maximum comfort is typically prescribed for children with mild to moderate involvement of the following conditions: Cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, Duchene Muscular Dystrophy, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Spinal Bifida, Osteogenesis Imperfecta, Traumatic Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Cystic Fibrosis, Mitochondrial Disease, Metabolic Diseases, and Sensory Processing Disorders, among others.
Trekker product highlights include:
- Separate base and seating module
- Reversible seating
- Variable positioning (up to 170 degrees of adjustable recline and tilt ranging from -5 to 45 degrees)
- Accepts aftermarket seating
- Comes with a wide range of therapeutic and comfort options
- Easy to fold for maximal portability
- Can be used from early intervention
- Can be used as an all-day chair
- Meets WC-19 transport safety standards
The following is a listing of Convaid Trekker product videos that can be accessed on Convaid’s YouTube Channel or Facebook page:
- Convaid Trekker Tilt-in-space details
- Convaid Trekker reversible seating options
- Convaid Trekker overview
- Convaid Trekker rain cover
- Convaid Trekker mosquito net
- Convaid Trekker 80 to 170 degree recline feature
- Convaid Trekker extended canopy
- Convaid Trekker foot-operated wheel locks
- Convaid Trekker seat pan
- Convaid Trekker elevating adjustable foot rests
- Convaid Treker one-piece adjustable push handle
- How to fold Convaid Trekker
- Convaid Trekker back cane for after-market seating
- Convaid Trekker back system
- Convaid Trekker upper extremities support tray
- Convaid Trekker extremities support tray padded cover
- Convaid Trekker utility bag
- Convaid Trekker medical necessities storage basket
- Convaid Trekker IV pole
- Convaid Trekker LTV ventilator holder
- Convaid Trekker oxygen tank holder
- Convaid Trekker hard tray for ventilator or suction machine
- Convaid Trekker rear anti-trip tubes
- Convaid Trekker back and planar seat cushions
- Convaid Trekker contoured seat cushions
- Convaid Trekker lateral armrest
- Convaid Trekker 3-point positioning belt
- Convaid Trekker calf panel
- Convaid Trekker foot positioners
- Convaid Trekker medial knee abductor
- Convaid Trekker adjustable curved head support
- Convaid Trekker adjustable wing head support
- Convaid Trekker width adjustable thoracic lateral support
- Convaid Trekker H-harness with padded covers
- How to reverse and remove Convaid Trekker seating module from seating base
Following Abilities Expo Chicago, Convaid’s Trekker will make its way to Southern California at the first annual South Bay Kidsfest, an event co-promoted by Convaid, Pediatric Therapy Network and United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties, to be held on Saturday, June 27, 2015 from 11AM to 3PM at the PTN Campus, 1815 West 213th Street, Torrance, CA 90501.
Individuals wishing to schedule an appointment with Convaid during Abilities Expo Chicago are urged to contact Megan Delperdang at email@example.com, or visit Booth 404 on the exhibit floor.
Convaid, the company that invented the adaptive assisted wheelchair, has helped special needs children and their families live fuller, more productive lives since 1976. Convaid produces high-performance, easy-to-use and attractive mobility products for all stages of a young person’s life, from infancy to young adulthood. Each product is custom-built to individual specifications to provide optimum comfort, safety and convenience.